About the Award
The Con Sciacca Memorial Award honours the life of Con Sciacca. Con Sciacca was a solicitor of the Supreme and High Courts of Australia and a Federal Minister of the Crown. His life was devoted to protecting the interests of Australian workers. Con was a Labor politician and in his role as a solicitor and advocate acted for Australian unions and their members.Download the info sheet
The recipient will be a person who:
- Is an employee or official of an Australian Union.
- Is a member of an Australian Union who has shown an attitude and willigness to advance the interests and rights of Australian workers.
- Is a law student or lawyer working in the field of workers' rights, labour law and industrial relation.
The criteria for selecting the successful candidate includes:
- Adhering to Con Sciacca's values;
- Contribution to the Labor or union movement;
- Personal achievement;
- Leadership qualities;
Information required for a completed Nomination include:
- A written application addressing the above selection criteria.
- Two referees supporting the application provided by a written reference and/or oral reference.
The successful candidate will be announced in July each year with the presentation of their award in the month of August at a function coordinated to honour the successful nominee and the memory of Con Sciacca.
Deadline for applications is 30 June 2018.
Award Launch Event Photos 2018
To see the photos from the Con Sciacca Memorial Award, follow the link below.Open Gallery